Current Available Positions
- North Shore – Hobsonville
- Building & Construction industry
- Financial & Management Accounting mix
Part of a New Zealand wide group, this Auckland based company is involved in the manufacture, distribution and installation of building products for both the residential and commercial building construction sectors.
The position of Branch Accountant has become available for an experienced, but not necessarily qualified, individual who enjoys working in the manufacturing sector.
Reporting to the Branch Manager this sole charge role has the following key responsibilities:
- Preparation of all monthly and year end management and financial accounts and reports
- All month end processes and general ledger reconciliations (including inter-company) processes
- Creditor and debtor management; including supplier reconciliations, PPSR administration, and credit applications
- Weekly payroll and monthly salaries; GST, FBT and PAYE calculations and payments
- Inventory management, including stock takes
- Capex, cash management, and fixed assets register
- Branch budgets and forecasts
The skills and experiences that will set you apart include:
- Strong financial and management accounting skills, including some time spent in a manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of ERP accounting software; and very good Excel skills
- Calm, accurate, a proven team player, and excellent communicator
- Job costing
As a decentralised company within a wider group it has all the attributes of a small business as well as the structural demands of a group entity. We are expecting to interview candidates who are naturally organised and articulate, able to cope with a demanding role, create and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders, and be the sort of person people naturally turn to for support. In addition you are likely to be a North Shore resident.
Ensure you also attach a Cover Letter detailing why this role has your name on it.
- Central city location
- Brand new position – part time (20 hours/week)
- Property Management and Hospitality
- Here is a fantastic new opportunity and for you the timing is perfect.An independent property management agency, operating strongly in the Airbnb and short-term rental space, is now developing a residential rental division.Having grown incredibly quickly over the past twelve months the company now requires a Property Manager, of at least an intermediate level, to be a key player in the development and growth of the residential division, as well as assisting in the management of a short-term rental portfolio.This sole charge role, in direct support to the Owner, has the key responsibility of ensuring all aspects are strategically performed to ensure owners are given the surety of occupation as well as having complete trust that their property will be professionally managed. Furthermore, we would be looking to ensure that all guests and tenants are provided with nothing less than a five-star experience.Initially you will be required for 20 hours/week – the days and hours of work are flexible.Apart from the usual tasks of a residential property manager, such as supervising property maintenance, managing the customer engagement from viewing to departure, and reporting back to owners, you will work closely with the Company Owner on:
- Developing a strategy, and managing the framework for a long term property rental management portfolio
- Developing future development sites, in and outside of Auckland
- Developing strategy for on-going effective customer and property owner engagement and reporting
What skills and experience will get you noticed?
- Having at least 3 years of property management experience
- Some exposure to facilities management will be a definite advantage
- Strong admin experience, preferably from within property or hospitality
- Being very accurate, calm, and organised, and having great attention to detail
- A passion for delighting customers with top shelf customer service
- Comfortable working within a small team and on your own
This is a busy role with lots going on and with something new happening every day. The Owner will be relying on you to be his right hand person, and have the ability to keep several balls in the air at the same time.
If you can put your hand on your heart and say that you have a confident attitude, great communication skills, and are an efficient property manager with a great sense of humour then we want to meet you.
Although some weekend work may be required full use of a company car is available during the working day and a competitive salary is being offered.
Please note that you must have New Zealand residency.
- Please forward your CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
And you can direct any enquiries to John Keesing (021) 649 920
ELECTRICIAN – New Zealand registered
No Shock Electrical is a well-established, Onehunga based, electrical contracting business.
Servicing all of Auckland the company’s growth means that there is a need for a fully New Zealand registered electrician to join an experienced team.
As a senior electrician you have a great mix of commercial, maintenance and service, and residential new builds and renovation.
You will have the opportunity to work on your own, sometimes as part of a team, and at other times supervising a small on-site team.
If you have heat pump installation and EWP experience, and are Safe Site registered, then even better.
It goes without saying that you will be comfortable working on your own, have a responsible attitude and have a clean drivers licence. You will have your own tools, be provided with a company vehicle and phone and receive a competitive wage.
- Structural steel engineering
- Unlimited growth potential
- East Tamaki
Focus on quality of service and quality of product.
Based in East Tamaki this long-established and profitable private company has become a stand-out performer in the steel fabrication industry. An award winning certified provider of specialised and high quality structural steel products the business prides itself on the strength of its customer relationships and the unwavering attention it spends on product craftsmanship.
To take advantage of a growing customer order book for specialist engineering solutions the time is right to hire you for this new position.
You will initially be working alongside the Managing Director to get a good hands-on feel for the way the business operates in the key aspects of:
- Working with customers – sales visits, site measurements, quotes
- Shop drawings (SolidWorks)
- Reviews of job costs and margins
- Assisting in completion of the budgets and job pricing (including tenders and quotes)
Helping you to carry out your responsibilities means having these skills:
- Previous experience within light manufacturing/fabrication
- Able to read and draw plans
- Materials purchasing
Other good to have’s include – intelligence, pragmatism, and problem solving.
It is possible that you are a fabricator, or perhaps a builder, looking for a change.
Having ambition has the potential to be rewarded.